About the Park
The Palo Cedro Community Park is organized for the single purpose of developing and managing a park that includes recreational facilities:
- Picnic and Barbecue Areas
- Covered Picnic Pavilion
- Disc Golf Course
- Wedding/Event Pavilion
- Basketball Court
- Horseshoe Pits
- Walking Trail
- Preservation of natural plants, trees and wetlands
Our vision is to improve our community by the creation and operation of a community park. The park will improve our community by:
- Providing sporting facilities for team and individual activities for all of our residents.
- Promoting healthy and fun lifestyle opportunities.
- Educating the public about the cultural and natural history of our area.
- Becoming a hub for gatherings and activities for residents of the neighboring towns of Bella Vista, Millville, Oak Run, Whitmore and Round Mountain that do not have park facilities.
- Contributing to the vitality of our community.
- Developing the park in an as environmentally friendly manner as possible.
- Providing these benefits within our own community. Residents must currently travel as far as 10 to 15 miles to find similar public facilities.
Operating as a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, PCCAT is managed by a Board of Directors made up of local volunteer citizens of Palo Cedro and surrounding areas.
In addition to the board of directors, there are committees that focus on different areas of park development and maintenance.
The Palo Cedro Community Park is located on Cedro Lane between Old 44 Drive and Deschutes Road. Gates are open from dawn to dusk.